My attention has been drawn to various messages going round via SMS from “Sokoloan” especially to phone numbers saved on my phonebook or numbers that has called me before.
First of all, I take responsibility for not being careful with your phone number which eventually got into the wrong hands and I sincerely apologise for that.
I have decided to make a public statement to clear all doubts and also respond once and for all to people who may be having questions in their minds.
Of a truth, I used “Sokoloan” app to get a microloan which was scheduled to be due in 14days time. Unknown to me, they had access to my contacts using the app on my phone. By the end of the 14th day, I couldn’t clear the debt because of circumstances beyond my control. However, I communicated this to one of their collection agents who called earlier.
The next day, I started receiving calls from people reporting that an image-tarnishing SMS has been sent to them. One of the messages read “This is to inform the general public that the criminal family of Onyedikachukwu George Nnadozie, No: 08030688325, has duped a company of money & found wanted, He is not to be trusted with money or anything that has to do with money.”
In Sokoloan’s terms and conditions, sending maligning messages to the contacts of their user who defaulted was not indicated. A part of the term states “…we hereby undertake that any personal information you provide or obtained by us shall be subject to the highest standards of privacy, security and confidentiality and such information will not be disclosed to any third party other than as required by applicable laws, rules and regulations.”
On their FAQ page, they wrote: “There may be fees associated with late repayment. In addition, defaulting loans are reported to national Credit Bureaus and this can severaly affect your ability to access loans in future…” On another part they also wrote “…when using Sokoloan, you data is always secure. Our platform uses world-class standard security and encryption technology to protect all details. When you provide us with information, you can also be assured of your privacy – our loan agreement is kept confidential.”
Sokoloan has breached their agreement with its customers. All efforts to reach them on the first day that the messages were sent proved abortive. I was able to reach them the next day and another agent by name “David” was the one who spoke with me. I called his attention to the SMS that has been making round and he started apologising, pretending as though the company didn’t know what happened. I made it clear that I was not going to clear the debt for any reason except a letter of apology is written to me which will be made public and also, they will resend messages to all my contacts to rectify the damages they have caused.
David agreed to my terms but insisted I must make the payment before they do the needful which I am not willing to do and will never do. Since then, they have continued sending messages to all my contacts and yet skyrocketing the interests on the microloan.
We are already making plans to start a legal proceedings against the fraudulent organisation.
Be rest assured that I, Onyedikachukwu George Nnadozie and my family are not fraudulent and we have not been declared wanted. We have been going about our normal activities without hassles.
I appreciate everyone who has called.
Onyedikachukwu George Nnadozie
For any question, further clarification or to help, you can write me at firstname.lastname@example.org
New to my blog?
Engage yourself with my latest writings.
- ASABA | A CRY FOR HELPSomething is wrong. Regrettably, I will go the easy way which is to keep praying but do little or nothing because I have been defeated by the very thought of what the solution could be. […]
- PRE-WEDDING | PUBLIC APOLOGYI meekly apologize to anyone I should have notified about this marriage earlier and in a way that is honourable. I found myself apologizing to a lot of people and there are hundreds of more […]
- Open Letter To Pastor MegaleíoDear Pastor Megaleio, I am lettering you openly believing that you will perceive the message. I couldn’t write to you confidentially because the last time we discussed something we didn’t seem to agree on it […]
- FOREVER-SALVATION ASSUREDIt is logical enough to think that a believer can at some point lose their salvation. After all, we’ve all gotten to a point where we lost what we cherished most. We’ve lost people, money, […]
- 7 Lessons I learnt from TB JoshuaI have penned my encounter with the Prophet, TB Joshua, a controversial servant of God who has been called all manner of names like the “Witch of Endor”. Some of the controversy surrounding the Prophet […]
- Mighty Men Are Mere MenThe earth has never been without stalwart and highly influential men. Some men didn’t only influence and shake their communities, they shook the entire world and became famous even in places that they have never […]