My attention has been drawn to various messages going round via SMS from “Sokoloan” especially to phone numbers saved on my phonebook or numbers that has called me before.
First of all, I take responsibility for not being careful with your phone number which eventually got into the wrong hands and I sincerely apologise for that.
I have decided to make a public statement to clear all doubts and also respond once and for all to people who may be having questions in their minds.
Of a truth, I used “Sokoloan” app to get a microloan which was scheduled to be due in 14days time. Unknown to me, they had access to my contacts using the app on my phone. By the end of the 14th day, I couldn’t clear the debt because of circumstances beyond my control. However, I communicated this to one of their collection agents who called earlier.
The next day, I started receiving calls from people reporting that an image-tarnishing SMS has been sent to them. One of the messages read “This is to inform the general public that the criminal family of Onyedikachukwu George Nnadozie, No: 08030688325, has duped a company of money & found wanted, He is not to be trusted with money or anything that has to do with money.”
In Sokoloan’s terms and conditions, sending maligning messages to the contacts of their user who defaulted was not indicated. A part of the term states “…we hereby undertake that any personal information you provide or obtained by us shall be subject to the highest standards of privacy, security and confidentiality and such information will not be disclosed to any third party other than as required by applicable laws, rules and regulations.”
On their FAQ page, they wrote: “There may be fees associated with late repayment. In addition, defaulting loans are reported to national Credit Bureaus and this can severaly affect your ability to access loans in future…” On another part they also wrote “…when using Sokoloan, you data is always secure. Our platform uses world-class standard security and encryption technology to protect all details. When you provide us with information, you can also be assured of your privacy – our loan agreement is kept confidential.”
Sokoloan has breached their agreement with its customers. All efforts to reach them on the first day that the messages were sent proved abortive. I was able to reach them the next day and another agent by name “David” was the one who spoke with me. I called his attention to the SMS that has been making round and he started apologising, pretending as though the company didn’t know what happened. I made it clear that I was not going to clear the debt for any reason except a letter of apology is written to me which will be made public and also, they will resend messages to all my contacts to rectify the damages they have caused.
David agreed to my terms but insisted I must make the payment before they do the needful which I am not willing to do and will never do. Since then, they have continued sending messages to all my contacts and yet skyrocketing the interests on the microloan.
We are already making plans to start a legal proceedings against the fraudulent organisation.
Be rest assured that I, Onyedikachukwu George Nnadozie and my family are not fraudulent and we have not been declared wanted. We have been going about our normal activities without hassles.
I appreciate everyone who has called.
Onyedikachukwu George Nnadozie
For any question, further clarification or to help, you can write me at firstname.lastname@example.org
New to my blog?
Engage yourself with my latest writings.
- Easy Yoke, Light BurdenThe law of the Old Testament was a heavy burden, the burden wasn’t designed for us to carry, it acted like a scale, it weighs us and shows us our limits, it reveals our weakness […]
- Women Are SavioursWeeks or months ago, there was a social media trend all over Africa particularly between the East and West Africa. Although it was largely jokes, it is as a result of a subtle agitation against […]
- THE CASE OF RAVI ZACHARIAS SHOULD BE A WARNING TO THE CHURCHI wouldn’t claim to have been a good follower of Ravi Zacharias’ ministry. I’ve only come across some of his apologetics on Youtube and I dare not deny that they blessed me. Ravi Zacharias has […]
- Protect Your Girl Child This Season | not Everything In The Air Is LoveSomeone asked a question on Facebook saying “how do we prevent teenage girls from getting pregnant tomorrow?” The question struck a chord but at the same time showed the discrepancies of parenting. I am aware […]
- Don’t Live In YesterdayMany years back, after I was done from secondary school and waited for money to enrol in the University to no avail, my Dad called me into the sitting-room one evening and said “George, as […]
- Divorce, forgiveness & RECONCILIATION | Unmasking BIBLICAl TruthsIn the past, I have written a couple of articles on divorce. The major ones that clearly explains my present convictions are: Divorced before marriage What does God hate about divorce? Can an abused spouse […]