My attention has been drawn to various messages going round via SMS from “Sokoloan” especially to phone numbers saved on my phonebook or numbers that has called me before.
First of all, I take responsibility for not being careful with your phone number which eventually got into the wrong hands and I sincerely apologise for that.
I have decided to make a public statement to clear all doubts and also respond once and for all to people who may be having questions in their minds.
Of a truth, I used “Sokoloan” app to get a microloan which was scheduled to be due in 14days time. Unknown to me, they had access to my contacts using the app on my phone. By the end of the 14th day, I couldn’t clear the debt because of circumstances beyond my control. However, I communicated this to one of their collection agents who called earlier.
The next day, I started receiving calls from people reporting that an image-tarnishing SMS has been sent to them. One of the messages read “This is to inform the general public that the criminal family of Onyedikachukwu George Nnadozie, No: 08030688325, has duped a company of money & found wanted, He is not to be trusted with money or anything that has to do with money.”
In Sokoloan’s terms and conditions, sending maligning messages to the contacts of their user who defaulted was not indicated. A part of the term states “…we hereby undertake that any personal information you provide or obtained by us shall be subject to the highest standards of privacy, security and confidentiality and such information will not be disclosed to any third party other than as required by applicable laws, rules and regulations.”
On their FAQ page, they wrote: “There may be fees associated with late repayment. In addition, defaulting loans are reported to national Credit Bureaus and this can severaly affect your ability to access loans in future…” On another part they also wrote “…when using Sokoloan, you data is always secure. Our platform uses world-class standard security and encryption technology to protect all details. When you provide us with information, you can also be assured of your privacy – our loan agreement is kept confidential.”
Sokoloan has breached their agreement with its customers. All efforts to reach them on the first day that the messages were sent proved abortive. I was able to reach them the next day and another agent by name “David” was the one who spoke with me. I called his attention to the SMS that has been making round and he started apologising, pretending as though the company didn’t know what happened. I made it clear that I was not going to clear the debt for any reason except a letter of apology is written to me which will be made public and also, they will resend messages to all my contacts to rectify the damages they have caused.
David agreed to my terms but insisted I must make the payment before they do the needful which I am not willing to do and will never do. Since then, they have continued sending messages to all my contacts and yet skyrocketing the interests on the microloan.
We are already making plans to start a legal proceedings against the fraudulent organisation.
Be rest assured that I, Onyedikachukwu George Nnadozie and my family are not fraudulent and we have not been declared wanted. We have been going about our normal activities without hassles.
I appreciate everyone who has called.
Onyedikachukwu George Nnadozie
For any question, further clarification or to help, you can write me at email@example.com
New to my blog?
Engage yourself with my latest writings.
- WHEN YOU FIND YOUR SELF ON THE BACKSTAGESome years ago, when I was actively involved in hosting programs under the platform of House of Vasileia which we intentionally paused for reasons best known to us, a brother who Pastors one of the […]
- IF HE SAID IT, THAT’S ENOUGHWhen God gives you his word, it is not in your place to figure out how He is going to do it. Just believe it and go about your everyday business, just trust that He […]
- Is the woman a mere helper?“Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper who is just right for him.” Genesis 2:18 NLT The word used as “helper” in […]
- MAKING A CASE FOR COHABITATIONThis is just a random thought! Cohabiting with someone you are romantically attached to makes separation very difficult, it also increases the chances of getting stuck in a terrible relationship simply because “we’ve been through […]
- 5 Marks of a PastorA Pastor is a shepherd, all characteristics of the Good Shepherd ought to be found in a Pastor. The word “pastor” is the same as a shepherd. I got to know this early enough when […]
- Before You Raise a Hand Against FeminismWhen people offer their opinions against feminism, I do not listen from a position of defence, I rather listen to learn from their opinions as I expect they also listen to learn from my opinion. […]